Saturday, February 04, 2006

 

Weddings

I'm finding I have an issue with people who can't behave as they promise. Sure there are always going to be unavoidable instances, such as your spouse turning out to be a mass murderer, but it just pisses me off when people find reasons not to uphold their promises.

I attended someone's second wedding today, and I was cringing while, for a second time, the groom swore to God that he would do all kinds of wonderful things until death separates him from his wife. It made me think of an article I read, called Take Two Truths And Call Me In the Morning. From the article:

We are not what we think, or what we say, or how we feel. We are what we do. Conversely, in judging other people we need to pay attention not to what they promise but how they behave. . . . We are drowning in words, many of which turn out to be the lies we tell ourselves or others.

I heard once that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Will this time be different? Only time will tell.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?