Sunday, February 26, 2006

 

The Writely Editor

I just found a new way to edit documents. I'm using it to write this blog entry.

It's not a program you download and run on your PC. Well, technically you do download a JavaScript program, it's just that you can't tell unless you've turned off JavaScript in your browser. Just point your browser to here, sign up, and start editing!

The only thing that's annoying me while I write this is that it doesn't provide a way to style paragraphs.

For example, I should be able to just press "enter" and have it provide some vertical space, or maybe even indent the first line of each paragraph. That's something that Word has been able to do for the past decade. I suppose I could go into the HTML editor and add some Cascading Style Sheet declarations, but that's a bit extreme for something that claims to be able to edit documents from Word.

I just discovered that the blog-entry preview adds the missing vertical spacing. I wish I could edit in that mode!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?